What once was an easy task may now prove difficult. Rehabilitation is a process aimed at helping the individual learn to do more for themself. We at Peak Resources Inc., are here to encourage and to teach each person to use new techniques or specialized tools or equipment to help them take care of themselves.
The rehabilitation personnel are experts in resolving barriers that interfere with you living the lifestyle you want. From resolving issues with pain to assuring your safety behind the wheel of your car, we encourage you to learn more about how the rehabilitation team may help you.
Our rehab centers are proud to feature Summit Therapy Services as our in-house therapy rehabilitation provider.
Physical therapy is designed to re-educate muscles to work, to retrain other parts of the body to function for those parts which cannot, and to teach clients how to manage with their disability with or without equipment. This education process is performed mainly through exercises and through function skill training. Our Physical Therapy program concnetrates on mobility in bed, in a wheelchair, or when walking. To accomplish this mobility training, strenghtening and range of motion exercises , and balance and coordination exercises are performed. With exercises, various modalities may be used, including electrical stimulation, ultrasound, biofeedback, heat and cold.
Our Physical Therapists and their Assistants offer speicialized care for:
- Decreased function or muscular weakness
- Problems with balance and coordination
- CVA of Stroke
- Decreased body movement
- Limited joint motinos
- Splints or braces
- Wheelchair recommendations
- Lower extremity amputees, with and without prostheses
- Joint replacements
- Wound care
In Occupational Therapy the client works toward maximizing independence, whether it be through re-learning to perform daily activities, or by instruction of others to provide assistance in self-care activities. The focus of Occupational Therapy is to enable the person to pursure a fulfilling and productive life
The Occupational Therapists and their Assistants offer specialized care in:
- Self-care: eating, bathing, dressing, grooming, hygiene
- Functional mobility and body mechanics - bed, wheelchair, tub, commode, car, etc.
- Continuance Management
- Home management including: cooing, housekeeping, laundry, shopping
- Activities to restore upper extremity strength, gross and fine coordination, and hand function
- Upper extremity orthotics and splints
- Work simplification, energy conservation, and joint protection techniques
- Perceptual and cognitive skills
- Adaptive equipment for self-care, home management, mobility, and recreation
- Driving Safety
- Visual Impairments
- Community Mobility
- Home modification recommendations
|Speech-Lnguage Pathologists diagnose and treat various types of communication, swallowing and cognitive disorders. Both individual and group therapy are available to address the individual treatment needs of each client.|
The Speech-Language Pathologists offer specialized care for:
- Aphasia - A language disorder resulting from a deficit (e.g., stroke) in the left hemisphere of the brain
- Dysarthria - Weakness of the oral musculature that causes various degrees of slurring of speech
- Speech disorders resulting from progressive neurological diseases such as Parkinson's Disease
- Deficits in thought processing an / or language
- Dysphagia - Difficluty in eating due to swallowing deficits