At Peak Resources, a leading adult rehabilitation and healthcare center in NC, our top priority is providing a relaxing and comforting environment that focuses on the well-being and happiness of our patients. Whether you are seeking short-term or long-term care for you or a loved one, our skilled nursing services can handle your needs with compassionate and attentive care. As a patient’s healthcare needs change, our highly-skilled staff will work closely with family, friends and other providers to ensure you or your loved one a well-planned transition.
Our rehabilitation and healthcare centers in the Charlotte Metro and Triangle areas, are prepared to offer the following services to our long-term patients in NC:
- Professional 24-Hour Nursing Care
- Restorative Nursing Program – promotes our resident’s ability to adapt and adjust to living as independently and safely as possible. This practice actively focuses on achieving and maintaining optimal physical, mental, and psychosocial functioning.
- IV Therapy (Intravenous Administration and Care)
- PICC Lines
- Central Lines
- Dietetic Programming and Nutrition Management; including provisions made for specialized diets
- Enteral Feedings
- Oxygen Therapy & Breathing Treatments
- Wound Care Management
- Medication Management
- Ostomy Care & Management
- Tracheotomy Care & Management
- Pain Management; including analgesic pump management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Dementia Care
- Assisted Living
- Hospice Care
- Respite Care
Services may vary between facilities. Please contact the Admissions Director at the closest facility near you for additional information.
At Peak Resources, we are committed to providing the highest quality of medical care to our residents. In addition to offering rehabilitation and long-term care services to adults across North Carolina, we also provide a variety of medical services for our patients to ensure they have the best quality of life while staying at our facility.
Medical Director (Board Certified)
All locations are contracted with a Board Certified Medical Director to assist and coordinate in resident medical care and provide clinical guidance and oversight regarding the implementation of resident care policies.
Optometry / Ophthalmology
We provide routine eye exams and lens prescribing services to our residents by determining their level of vision.
Audiology is the service that studies hearing, balance, and related disorders. We provide audiology services to our patients to determine if someone can hear within the normal range.
Podiatry is the study and treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle, and “anatomical leg” (below the knee). Our NC adult healthcare facilities provide patients access to podiatry services which are both routine and specialized. The podiatry practitioners offer a wide range of services with the residents’ attending physician.
Psychiatry / Psychology
Behavioral healthcare services and coordinated plans with the attending physician are provided. Interventions and oversight by both the psychiatrist and psychologist are available for those residents in need of this specialized care.
The evaluation, diagnosis, prevention and/or treatment of disease, disorders or conditions of the oral cavity and associated structures and their impact on the human body is the focus of the dental services provided. The oral health component of a resident’s overall health is important.
Services may vary between our various NC locations. Please contact the Admissions Director at the closest facility to you for additional information.
In addition to providing skilled nursing care at all 9 of our Peak Resources facilities, 3 of our locations also include assisted living services along with 2 locked memory care units.
Our memory care assisted living locations provide a therapeutic dementia program in a secure environment utilizing life skills activities with licensed and experienced staff specializing in dementia care. Residents have full access to a wide range of amenities and services that have been specifically designed for their care and enjoyment.
Assisted Living Services:
- Therapy and Nursing assistance with a focus on activities of daily living
- Provide multiple levels of care including assisted living and skilled nursing, making transitions between levels of care worry-free and easy
- Medication Management
- Full Daily Program of Activities, Recreational and Social Events
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Telephone & Cable TV in Room
- Enclosed Courtyard with Rocking Chairs
- Snacks Available 24 hours a day
- Basic Laundry
Assisted Living Memory Care Services:
(in addition to assisted living services listed above)
- Early to Late Stage Alzheimer’s Care provided in a secured unit
- Provides a therapeutic dementia program in a home-like environment
- Provide multiple levels of care including skilled nursing, assisted living, and assisted living memory care making transitions between levels of care worry-free and easy
- 20 Total Beds; private and semi-private
- __ Private rooms/private bathroom
- 33 Total assisted living beds; private and semi-private
- 24 Dedicated memory-care assisted living beds
- 20 Dedicated memory care assisted living beds
Independent living allows aging adults with the opportunity to maintain a residential lifestyle while taking advantage onsite amenities, socializing opportunities and activities. Independent living is geared towards those who currently do not need assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) but could benefit later in life with higher levels of care, such as assisted living or skilled nursing, should they be supported in a community that provides a continuum.
Our Peak Resources Brookshire location provides independent living opportunities at our Creekside Cottages located on campus. Creekside Cottages are conveniently located within 2 miles of downtown Hillsborough, NC and HWY I-40.
Independent Living: Creekside Cottages
- 16 Individual Residences with full-size kitchens
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom cottages offer a hassle free and maintenance free living option
- Utilities included
- 24-hr emergency call system in each residence along with fire/smoke alarms and sprinkler heads
- Lunch meal is included
- Provide multiple levels of care including independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing, making transitions between levels of care worry-free and easy
Peak Resources is proud to offer adults across North Carolina various rehabilitation services to help them improve their daily lives. We currently provide physical, occupational and speech therapy at all of our seven locations.
Physical therapy is designed to re-educate muscles to work, retrain other parts of the body to function for those parts which cannot, and teach clients how to manage with their disability with or without equipment. This education process is performed mainly through exercises and function skill training. Our Physical Therapy program concentrates on mobility in bed, a wheelchair or when walking. We accomplish this mobility training by performing strengthening, range of motion, balance and coordination exercises with the patient. Our Physical Therapists may use all or a combination of the following: electrical stimulation, ultrasound, biofeedback or heat and cold modalities with patient exercises.
Our Physical Therapists and their Assistants offer specialized care for:
• Decreased Function or Muscular Weakness
• Problems with Balance and Coordination
• CVA or Stroke
• Decreased Body Movement
• Limited Joint Motions
• Splints or Braces
• Wheelchair Recommendations
• Lower Extremity Amputees, with and without Prostheses
• Joint Replacements
• Wound Care
In Occupational Therapy, the client works toward maximizing independence, whether it be through re-learning how to perform daily activities or by instruction of others to provide assistance in self-care activities. The goal of Occupational Therapy is to enable the person to pursue a fulfilling and productive life.
Our Occupational Therapists and their Assistants offer specialized care in:
• Self-Care: Eating, Bathing, Dressing, Grooming and Hygiene
• Functional Mobility and Body Mechanics: Bed, Wheelchair, Tub, Commode, Car, etc.
• Continuance Management
• Home Management including: Cooking, Housekeeping, Laundry and Shopping
• Activities to Restore Upper Extremity Strength, Gross and Fine Coordination and Hand Function
• Upper Extremity Orthotics and Splints
• Work Simplification, Energy Conservation and Joint Protection Techniques
• Perceptual and Cognitive Skills
• Adaptive Equipment for Self-Care, Home Management, Mobility and Recreation
• Driving Safety
• Visual Impairments
• Community Mobility
• Home Modification Recommendations
In Speech Therapy, Speech-Language Pathologists diagnose and treat various types of communication, swallowing and cognitive disorders. Both individual and group therapy are available to address the individual treatment needs of each client.
The Speech-Language Pathologists offer specialized care for:
• Aphasia – A language disorder resulting from a deficit (e.g., stroke) in the left hemisphere of the brain
• Dysarthria – Weakness of the oral musculature that causes various degrees of slurring of speech
• Speech disorders resulting from progressive neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s Disease
• Deficits in thought processing and/or language
• Dysphagia – Difficulty in eating due to swallowing deficits
Our Family Members
Family Member 2014
Family Member 2015
Family Member 2014
Resident & Family Member